Like to Live Deliciously?
At my house, we do. We are a household of wild, untamed beasts, sex-militant whores, kinksters, and heathens. And though I make these brownies year-round, they’re a particularly decadent addition to your Lupercalia spread, Friday night date night, Satanic orgy, or sex magick ritual. You may choose to feed them to your lover while keeping their magick properties on the low (I’ve definitely never done that before 😉 ), or you can invite your lover knowingly to imbibe a taste of your wicked medicine. They will love you for it, either way. If you feel inclined to add some drops of your blood or other personal concerns to the recipe, I suggest doing so as an optional addition during the combining of wet ingredients. Careful, however, what you wish for… blood, and menses, in particular, are very binding. So make sure your recipient is worthy of such an honor before sharing. This is why many folks who engage in period sex and blood-play find themselves in need of cord-cutting or cut and clear spell services from Hoodoos like myself. So, as I always say, “Do what thou wilt.”
Why grain-free and gluten-free? Why the special ingredients? Well, I am chronically ill and part of my self-care is a nutrivore lifestyle (similar to paleo, without all the problematic aspects), where I focus on feeding my body as much nutrient-dense foods as possible. In my food and magick spells, I prefer non-processed ingredients when able to keep things as pure and potent as possible. It’s good magick and good medicine.
I hope you enjoy one of my classic bewitching recipes. These grain-free brownies are the best I’ve ever had – grain-free or not! And everyone who’s ever tried them agrees with me. They’re super fudgy, crispy up top, and dairy-free. Oftentimes I wait until people proclaim that these are the best ever to reveal that they’re grain-free and paleo.
As a Hoodoo and kitchen witch, I’m pretty secretive about my spells. This is the first time I’ve shared this recipe. I recently enjoyed them with my new, hot, lover for a Satanic sex ritual on Lupercalia and it was…exquisite. So I thought I’d finally share the good juju. Let me know what you think! And more importantly, how well it worked for you and/or your target. 😉
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready in:
- Yield: 12 brownies
- 1 cup (158 grams) almond flour or 1 cup (138 grams) Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour (or a similar mix) Almonds in almond flour correspond to prosperity, mental clarity, and beauty
- 3/4 cup (86 grams) raw organic cacao powder Cacao is a powerful ancient healer, heart opener and aphrodesiac
- 1/4 teaspoon fine pink Himalayan salt for purity and love vibration
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (196 grams) unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly (use coconut oil for a dairy-free version) Butter corresponds to the heart and sensuality
- 1 1/2 cups (300 grams) coconut sugar to sweeten your target toward you
- 1 tablespoon pure organic vanilla extract Vanilla inspires us to love and has a seductive fragrance
- 3 large eggs (50 grams each, out of shell), room temperature Eggs symbolize fertility and sensuality
- 3/4 cup (128 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips (use dairy-free chocolate chips for a dairy-free version) + an additional 1/4 cup (43 grams) to sprinkle on top, if desired (I used mini chocolate chips on top) I prefer the Enjoy Life brand semi-sweet chips Chocolate, like cacao is a powerful aphrodisiac, opening the heart, sexuality, and seductive potency
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C) and line an 8″×8″ (20cmx20cm) pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt in a clockwise direction, with your intentions in mind. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the melted butter or coconut oil, sugar, and vanilla extract in a clockwise direction with your intentions in mind. Once combined, add the eggs one at a time, and stir clockwise just until combined. (Optional: drops of blood, menses, or personal concerns)
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and stir just until almost no streaks of flour remain. Do not overmix! Fold in 3/4 cup (128 grams) of chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup (43 grams) chocolate chips on top, if desired.
- Bake for 20-22 (some ovens need more) minutes or until the brownies have formed a thin crust and appear set in the middle. A toothpick inserted into the center will come out wet. A toothpick inserted into the sides will come out with some moist crumbs on it, but not totally raw batter. The brownies will continue to bake as they sit in the pan and will firm up as they cool.
- Let cool completely and then cover and store at room temperature for up to 4 days. You can also refrigerate them to give them a fudgier texture. Or, let cool, cut, and serve warm, that’s my favorite way!